Sometimes I’m asked about my job and what it consist in. Well, time ago I used to joke about and I used to repeat a line from a film; I solve problems.
Now, seriously; in my LinkedIn profile I describe myself as a IT Trusted Advisor. So, what does it means? I help my customers to find the best IT solution for a need or problem. Nowadays my customers are from inside the company but from time to time I’ve to face projects that impact directly on end customers.
That help means much more that you may imagine in a first sight. For instance;
- define clearly what the customerneeds
- concrete what problem we’re trying to solve
- propose a solution, which may be something quite different from what customer was asking for
- supervise that everything is done and it’s done on time
- write manual, documentation, procedures, they all have to be clear and useful ones
- evaluate when everything has ended if the target was achieved
Most amazing and challenging thing is to deal with people. It’s really difficult to express it. Sometimes is hard, but many times it’s a wide open window to learning, in many senses, not only in professional terms but also in personal terms