Why am i going to “play” with a Rasperry Pi? Short answer; for educational purposes.
No the little bit more explained why I decide to sset up a Rasperry Pi, but also going to the point:
- I’m very bad with hardware, so it’s a little bit challenging for me
- a very good friend gift me its Raspberry Pi 1 (512Mb RAM) and it was collecting dust
- I may obtain something useful at the end of the process, for instance, a media server, a little NAS, whatever.
- I’m going to refresh my former sysadmin skills; file system formatting, installing different OS’s flavours, setting up a network, etc.
- It’s a wide documented process so it keeps my attention in making the right thing, not in solve a new problem never before seen.
So, again, for educational purposes, mixing up fun with refreshing basic skills.