Most of you already have a watch on this video (I link it again just in case) Android 3.0 Preview … but this one has not been so popular, in my opinion;
Introducing Motorola XOOM
Now few things about this news:
- in my opinion first video has a very TRON look alike, anybody feels the same way?
- both videos are targeting on iPad has a competitor, what does it means? iPad is, yet, a reference and being a reference does not mean you’re the first one in everything, it means everybody tries to define their position using iPad as a reference position
- what means iPad is yet the reference? they’re, yet, one step ahead.
- Why so many yets in my questions? Because yet, emphasize Google is improving very very fast Android, just have a look on those videos.
- Please, have a look on this video with Andy Rubin (Google Software enginer on Android) showing the Motorola’s Xoom prototype: Awesome.
- Google has an incredible chance by using its services (Gmail, Store, Books, Reader, Chrome, and obviously the search engine), who has anything similar?
So, yet iPad has an advantage, and Apple has an incredible value as a mark but Android is moving faster and probably better. Apple has strongs features; integration, no fragmentation… but that would material for another post. The fact is that there’s a competition for the tablet market, with two majors players, by the way, the same game is starting on TV, with the same players with their own platforms.
I’ve switched from OpenOffice to LibreOffice. I allways thought OpenOffice icon was terrible awful, and I’m not a designer to help by offering something better.
I decide to change the icon at the doc in my Macbook but I never did it before so I’ve search how to do it I here I offer how easy is it (to honor the true I’ve to say it’s easier in Linux or MS but here the change takes effect all over the system);
- look for a nice icon set, I’ve choose a free Starwars icon set (pay attention to choose Mac OS X platform)
- follow this video instructions about how to change an application icon in your doc
If don’t wanna watch the whole video this are the instructions in short:
- Uncompress the icon set
- select the icon you prefer
- Command + C on the icon you’ve choose
- open the Application folder
- select the app you want to change the default icon
- click on the image in the top left of the application info
- Command + V
- …you got it, now you may drop you app onto your doc
A colleague -quite fanboy BTW- shows me how sonos works… my first impression was positive. As long as days pass through I get more enthusiastic about it.
Few days later I found myself showing sonos video demo to my brother and my brother-in-law. And then I realized how useful it could be, although it cost a little fortune.
So I got it, next caprice at mental list: sonos… but there’s always a but, I want to transfer my whole music library to a home NAS so it can be accesible by sonos and by computers.
By now, I’m having a look onto Synology 210j since it offers two slots with RAID 1 capability among many others things: DLNA, web server, torrent client… it also cost a little fortune, specially if you condider you have to buy hard disk too.
I’ve got a PDF with more than one hundred pages, I need to work on it. So I look around for a tool that may convert those PDF pages into text. I’ve found a nice application -quite well accepted by different people- suggested by Apple: PDF OCR X Community Edition… uhmm, it sounds well.
What a pity, the free edition just convert a single page and I got more than one hundred, and don’t want to go one by one…
I’ve found a single, easy solution that I may found by my self if I thought twice: use Google docs to upload your pdf and choose convert to text, it will let you a open document file.
How to get a full iPhone sync with your Google account
You may synchronice your iPhone with your Google account by following the Google instruccions. It has to be the default approach to this issue. It may seems peculiar but following Google instructions you’re going to set an Exchange account. You’ll get a full Google account sync except Notes.
I remember the first time I try it they where since I just configure my access as an Imap access.
So If you want to sync, also, your notes, let apply a trick; configure one more account but, when add this new account choose Google -not Exchange- and type the same user and password you’ve set in your former configuration. When you are able to choose what to sync, avoid Mail and Contacs and just choose Notes.